Dates of 2014 Sessions
- The Committee's substantive session will be held from Tuesday, 2 September 2014 to Monday, 8 September 2014,
once again, in a PaperSmart format;
- The session will consider a draft resolution, which will be included in the Report of the Committee on
Conferences, and will then be considered by the Fifth Committee, with a view to recommending it to the General
Assembly for adoption at its sixty-ninth session.
- The organizational session for 2014 was reconvened on Friday, 20 June 2014 at 15:00 in Conference Room 8 (NLB);
- A summary of the session can be found on page 20 in the Journal.
- The organizational session for 2014 was held on Wednesday, 23 April 2014, at 15:00, in Conference Room 5 (NLB);
- A summary of the session can be found on page 22 in the Journal.
* * * * *
The Committee on Conferences was established by the General Assembly on 18 December 1974, pursuant to
resolution 3351 (XXIX). On 21 December 1988, by
resolution 43/222B, the General Assembly decided
to retain the Committee on Conferences as a permanent subsidiary organ. The Committee advises the General Assembly
on all matters pertaining to the organization of United Nations conferences and is composed of 21 members:
- Six from African States;
- Five from Asian States;
- Four from Latin American and Caribbean States;
- Two from Eastern European States;
- Four from Western European and other States.
* * * * *
Mr. Yotam Goren (Israel)
Ms. Ljilja Grgić-Stojanović (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Mrs. Flora Christiane Seka-Fouah (Côte d'Ivoire)
Mr. Eduardo López (Peru)
Mrs. Noemi Tan Diaz (Philippines)
* * * * *
Ms. Liya Zhang is the Secretary of the Committee, and Chief, Meetings Management Section of the Department for
General Assembly and Conference Management.
Ms. Jocelyn Turner is the Deputy-Secretary of the Committee, and Conference Affairs Officer, Meetings Management
Section of the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management.
The offices of the Secretariat staff members of the Committee are located on the east side of the 12th floor, Secretariat Building.
Ms. Liya Zhang
Ms. Jocelyn Turner
Mr. Gerald Abes
Ms. Patricia Baldie
Mr. Karl Manalili